Friday, January 2, 2009

Do not Stand at My Grave and Weep

when i am dead, i am dead
the world goes out of me and i out of it
there is nothing anymore in between
do not stand at my grave then and weep
for these ears will not hear, and these eyes will not see
there will be only coldness in between
if you really love and care, show it all to me now
if you can for when i am dead, i am dead
the world goes out of me and i out of it
these ears will not hear and these eyes will not see
there is only coldness in between
warm me up if you can now when i am still alive
for tomorrow the sun may never rise again

john tiong chunghoo

Palas Kumar Ray (10/27/2008 7:05:00 AM) Wonderful philosophic write. We must live a day & say we lived. Indeed tomorrow never comes. Love or Hate whatever is due for me, show me regradless, in haste before it becomes too late for thee. simply wonderful. A10+++
Mamta Agarwal (10/13/2008 12:03:00 PM) John, this is a very touching poem. it should be read by everyone. people have no time for the living. our presence needs to be acnowledged with love while we are alive. very well composed.
Firoze Shakir Bollywoods Most Wanted Poet Of India (11/13/2007 6:55:00 AM) john one of the finest poems... that i have read at poem hunter.. reallly sorowfully sweet.. take care wish you good luck peace poet from mumbai firze shakir

No comments:

Post a Comment