Tuesday, December 30, 2008

And The Moon And The Stars And The World

long walk at night
the breeze freezes my spirit
the moon warms it up
pulling at my poetic soul
the crickets sing their poem to the night
a million other insects contribute their share
to loosen up the night; for lovers, husbands and wives
while a tide of words too creeps in all directions
in my mental sphere to saturate
the poetic bar of the intellect
waiting to be strummed into verses
the rhythm swims along with them
as i write out verse by verse
the moon my friend shares its light
the night wind inspires
lovelorn stars wave all the way
a million light years away
heralding the birth of a song
sparkling, twinkling guided by the
intricate orchestration of the night
before gracing the written page
long walk in the night
even the insects with the lamps
start to lend me their lights
between the twinke of the stars
they dance, sing, beat out a dance

john tiong chunghoo

COMMENTS:

Kate Chandler Flynn (12/19/2008 4:18:00 PM) Hello John... it is wonderful to read you again after such a long time... thank you for telling me (via Poetry Shared) where to find you ... you will know from what I have written in the past that this poem of yours would appeal to me on many different levels... should you care to catch up, please email me at kate_chandler_flynn@hotmail.co.uk... I remain, as ever, one of your most admiring fans... it is an honour to read your work... Kate
Paul Josef B. (12/15/2008 12:02:00 PM) The first five lines are fantastic!
James Foulk (11/21/2008 2:38:00 PM) such a beautiful piece of well written poetry
Patricia Gale (9/12/2008 12:56:00 PM) Wonderful imagery..... seen through a poet's words.
Ada Shelley (9/11/2007 4:12:00 AM) Very nice......I loved the language
Luis Gil (4/3/2007 4:21:00 PM) May this walk be long...... Good poem, John. Thanks
~Angel Ane~ (5/23/2006 4:58:00 PM) The only word that can to my mind was WOW!
Scarborough Gypsy (4/18/2005 7:19:00 AM) John, This is really beautiful. I have not enjoyed reading a poem so much in a long time. This will go into my favorites. It's just so lovely and I had expected to read a haiku. This was such a lovely surprise to my evening. Thank you so much. Kind regards Gypsy It was the title that made me look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment