Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Love, Love, Love

i wish to be the air you breathe
love that floods your every cell
revitalising you, cheering you up
every second of your life

i love like the rush of the Nile, Yangtze - listen,
listen to this lovelorn heart,
holding on, letting go, holding on
with such tenacity to the hope
of every lovelorn night

an eclipse helps distill
my love for you,
seals your charms, allure
from the craving prying eyes
of the world, precipitates that
momentuous silhouette,
escapade for me and you
sun and moon, yin and yang
to be totally absorbed
in bliss, in each other

love, love, love
if only i could be the only star
to win your fancy
for that sparkling while
heaven the world would become

by john tiong chunghoo
Stephanie Fiddy (12/25/2008 1:46:00 PM) beautiful poem! such a pleasent read. I give it a 10!
Michael Gale (11/11/2008 3:19:00 PM) Beautiful poem. I am glad i chose to read it and that you chose to write it. An easy tenner was given here. this day. God bless all poets and readersalike-MJG.
Mary Bennington (9/3/2007 3:38:00 PM) Leaves me breathless. Evokes meaningful contemplation and reflection on that most magical of human capacities-LOVE.
Daniel Partlow (8/23/2007 5:55:00 PM) Beautiful work. Here is my love poem. I tried using the Raven's challenging rhyme pattern: http: //www.poemhunter.com/poem/love-is-105/ Even though it didn't quite fit, the result was good enough to inspire me to move on to my second (and still my best work: SUNRISE ON THE MOUNT) : http: //www.poemhunter.com/poem/sunrise-on-the-mount/
Dawn Depasquale (8/13/2007 10:54:00 PM) John, simply beautiful. This was the first poem I viewed on Poemhunter. Will certainly read through your other poems. Thank you for sharing your depth through your words. Dawn
Shay Riggin (6/8/2007 5:48:00 PM) so so so true! ! i loved it and the comment you sent me! thanx! !
Cheyenne Bobo (4/27/2007 2:25:00 PM) Completely true, completely beautiful, completely amazingly PERFECTLY true.
Brennan Lee (4/1/2007 1:55:00 PM) u`re good in poetry... i`m brennanlee from m`sia... looking forward for your new poem... keep up the good work bro

No comments:

Post a Comment