Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Picked from My Facebook Postings

My haiku for today: mid autumn festival/she steps out/to a full house Yesterday was the full moon festival. The moon was a perfect ball and in many places, people watched street operas to pass the beautiful hours.

three sparrows on a flight
up and down, up and down
over the padi field

John thinks haiku is about layers, peeling away the layers of mysteries, meanings of a thought, ia situation, an inspired moment. The sylllables are layers you peel away to reach the haiku encased right in the heart, the womb of nature, the sanctum w...here nature transmits to us its humour, its love, its individuality.

I really love these words by the Samoan Prime Minister on the tsunami two days ago - "The winds have uttered their strength, earth has spoken their grief and the wave has scattered its strength," Tuilaepa said in the chiefly Samoan language.

My haiku today: night forest trekking/ standing out an unobtrusive/ sacred tinkling shrill *the little tinkling sound of an insect, i was quickly drawn to meditate upon as it has a gentle calming effect on the mind.

2 comments:

  1. Hey John, this is Rhonda from Facebook...found your site and now I am following your poetry as I am Andy's < andrew lockhart >

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Haiku can appear so simple but convey so much meaning. I have followed your Haiku journey for some time now and I can say you are well adept at this meditative art of stretching the power of the mind to unlock the meaning of life.

    ReplyDelete